The car in the pictures was abandoned in a deserted locomotive garage in Finland for over a decade, from 1992 to 2004. It was originally sold 25th September 1957 by authorized Chrysler-Plymouth dealer Seattle Automobile Co. in Seattle, WA, USA and the registration documents tell that the first owner drove 85.000 miles with it.
The car is Windsor 4-dr Sedan which was the cheapest Chrysler model for 1957, but this particular car has almost a full selection of optional equipment because it was ordered from factory as a promotional car for the dealer showroom. Windsor Sedan was the cheapest Chrysler but you must remember that Chrysler wasn't the cheapest make in the Chrysler Corporations range of makes.
The optional equipment in this car are power brakes, whitewall tires (only the spare in the trunk has survived), radio, rear seat speaker, mirrors on both fenders, power front antenna, heater, two-tone paint, tinted glass on every window and windshield washer were optional for all Chryslers. Power steering, handbrake warning signal, backup lamps and chrome stainless steel wheel covers were all standard on the upper models but options on Windsors. Dual headlights were originally an option but came standard shortly after the production started.
Back in 1986 the car was sold to the second owner from Stehekin, WA, USA and after few years it was sold again and imported to Finland Europe in 1989. It got Finnish register plates in 1990 and the next year the original 354 cid V-8 engine was removed and disassembled. Since then the car was just getting dust in the locomotive garage with a lots of pigeons, until it was sold again in 2004. More pics at the next page...
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6